Tuesday, 13 September 2016

The Perfect Coat Wishlist

I am a huge fan of coats and jackets, I feel like they complete an outfit, and we're coming up to the time of year when they will be essential here in the UK. So I've decided to compile a list of my favourites from this year's Autumn and Winter collections. For Winter coats, I think that most of these are a ok price, with one or two that are on the more expensive side. 
This is the Cream Faux Fur Fallaway Coat from River Island. It seems to be a thinner material, with a faux fur collar, the thinner material making it absolutely perfect for layering with knits and checked shirts. The material itself is faux leather-suede, and looks to be quite soft. 

I really like this fallaway design, it seems to look very nice on people of a more column, or apple shape. This coat is on the pricier end of the line, at £95, but it does come in three colours, the cream here, black with cream fur, and brown with tan fur. 
This is the Rust Wrap Fit and Flare Coat from Miss Selfridge, one of my favourite coat retailers. At £79 it's more reasonable, and I absolutely love the fit of these coats. My current one is from Miss Selfridge (last year), and is a belted beige fit and flare, it's gorgeous. This coat seems to be made of a similar material, heavy and warm. The rusty colour of this one is definitely on-trend for this season, it reminds me of maple leaves! And I love the gold detail on the ends of the tie waist. There aren't many of this beauty left in stock, so get it whilst you can. I am certain that coats of this shape suit absolutely every silhouette. 
This coat is from Dorothy Perkins, and is called the Grey Drawn Waterfall Coat. It's a beautiful pale grey, with what seems to be an almost wool-suede finish. This is a lovely, very soft finish coat. Unlike the fit and flares, this is made to flow down the body, rather than out from it. I really love the large pocket details on this coat, and the almost dressing gown style to it. This would look amazing with ankle boots and wooly tights, and at £65 it's not too bad on the wallet. 

The Green Double-Breasted Military Coat from River Island is by far one of my favourites in this post. There's something completely endearing about this cut, and the emerald colour of this one is absolutely stunning. The buttons have a beautiful detail, and I love the three that are also stitched down the cuff. It's double breasted, and feels like wool to the touch. This one also comes in a tan colour, but at a £110 (*internal screaming*) price tag, it's definitely the priciest on this list. 
This coat is the most budget friendly. At £34.99, this is the Navy Faux Fur Trim Hooded Parka from New Look. As you can probably tell, this isn't the kind of coat I usually go for, and I don't own anything like it. However, I've started to really like how this one looks, particularly when it's not done up. I really like the navy and grey fur contrast, as it makes it different to the khaki ones we usually see. It's got a hood, so will be perfect in our famously dodgy English weather. 
Saving my best for last, this is the Faux Fur Cuff and Collar Coat from Miss Selfridge, and it's £95. I am completely in love with this coat. It's like the poodle of coats. When I first saw this on the website, I actually gasped, out LOUD! It's a beautiful dusty rose pink, with faux fur around the cuffs and the collar. I genuinely think this is the most beautiful coat in the entire list. It's feminine, and elegant and I know that this will work well with my silhouette. It's got giant pockets, and the belt ends in gold accent metal which I just think is lovely. If I feel the need for a new coat this year, this is the one I'll get. 

I honestly thought that I'd choose all neutral coats, but actually ended up with only two neutrals!
What do you think of these coats? I think my favourites are the ones from Dorothy Perkins, they're gorgeous! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...