Tuesday, 12 July 2016

Top 5 Summer Liquid Lipsticks | 2016

I am finding writing very difficult at the moment, the blogging gods are not on my side at the moment. So I decided to overhaul my blog and move things around a bit, and, I kinda like it! 
Let me know what you think of the new blog theme. I wanted something that was fairly white and neutral, with pops of green and purple, so this is what I've come up with! 
Anyway for now, here's a long post on my top five liquid lipsticks for the Summertime this year. 

I tried to pick out more high-street favourites, but there just aren't any that I think can beat the formulas of Lime Crime or Jeffree Star, that I've tried so far. 
So to start we have Lime Crime's Velvetine 'Flamingo', this is one of their summer releases, and is one of the most opaque bright pinks I own. 
It's cool-toned and has a white base, but unlike a lot of white-based lipsticks, this one doesn't crumble or dry as much. It sits really nicely on the lips, and has the beautiful Lime Crime smooth liquid formula that I love. 

Second down is Velvetine 'Teacup' which is a gorgeous periwinkle blue, this one's a little streaky on first application, which is what is on my arm, but can easily be built up in two coats. This one's for those who want to go a little bolder with their lip choices, and remember these can be used as eyeliners too! I really like Lime Crime's applicator as well as their stand-alone formula, because it's small and less fluffy, so very precise. At £13.95 each, these are definitely on the pricier end of the spectrum, but the fi you want something that will LAST definitely have a look, and don't worry, they have neutrals too! 
Next up is Jeffree Star's Velour Liquid Lipstick in'RedRum' a beautiful bright red, I don't find that this one particularly leans cool or warm toned, so it's wearable for everyone. This lipstick is very long-wearing, and I don't find myself having to touch it up much, if at all throughout the day. This is like MAC's 'Ruby Woo' in a liquid formula. This one's opaque on the first coat, so very thin coats are needed, which I love. These are a similar price point to Lime Crime at £14, but again for the gain, it's worth the money if you want to splash out. 

'Anna Nicole' is Jeffree Star's bright orange lipstick, how could I not pick an orange for Summer? I mean come on! Again, this has a super long-wearing formula, although if you're a lip-licker like myself it may start to crumble at the centre of the lips, but it's super easy to touch-up. I don't like the applicator on these as much as the Lime Crime or Sleek applicators, it's super fluffy which makes it very comfortable, but also less precise. 

Finally, our high-street option, Sleek's Matte Me Lip Paint in 'Birthday Suit', probably one of the most reliable liquid lipsticks I've used. I've bought two bottles of this one so far and at £4.99 each it's a brilliant product, for an even better price. This one's swatched streaky because I'm incredibly cack-handed, but it is fully opaque in one coat on the lips, and has a great applicator similar, but different to the Lime Crime Velvetines. 
I genuinely love the Lime Crime Velvetines, and if you're going to invest, invest in one of those. Which of these have you tried or which would you love to try? Let me know what your favourite Summer liquid lips are! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...