Saturday, 16 July 2016

Beach Bag Essentials 2016

I feel like I've been doing a lot of these 'essentials' or 'Summer 2016' posts, but I like them, I like seeing other people's picks for the season, so I'mma keep going! I don't know what it is, maybe it's the new laptop? But I'm feeling very productive all of a sudden...hmm...
I always find it useful to have a list of things to pack, whether it's my suitcase for two weeks away, or just my beach-bag for a short jaunt. Lists are good! Plus I've been watching a LOT of Organised Like Jen videos, and I'm ever so slightly obsessed, so be prepared for absolutely anything and everything this year. 

It's always good to start off on the right foot with a bit of sun cream. I am a firm customer of Hawaiian Tropic, I love their Silk Hydration line, as well as their oil-free face sun cream. These are on the more expensive side of the spectrum, at £8.50 each for the bottles I've shown. I do really like these, and if you, like me, suffer with dryer skin (particularly on the face) it might be worth giving these a go.
Next up, a hat is always a good idea and no, it doesn't have to be a fedora. You could have a sun hat or baseball cap, if that's your beach style, but a hat is always a good idea, especially in hotter climates. I really like this Stone Contrast one from New Look, and at £4 (!) on sale right now, it's a definite bargain! 
A camera is always a necessity on holiday, especially if you, like me, are a blogger or blogger. iPhone photos and videos just don't cut it all the time. I'm not sure what the camera pictured is, as I'm still on the hunt for a good compact vlogging camera myself, I'm hoping to find one by Christmas that I like so I can save for it then. But I you're blessed with compact, remember to take it with you, especially to the beach. 
Always remember a bottle of your friendly neighbourhood Alien's slime. I'm sure he won't mind, especially if you need help cooling off that lobster tan you've got going on there. Seriously though, this is Banana Boat's Aftersun Gel, and I've been using this for as long as I can remember. I have memories of this stuff being slapped all over my back in Florida, after a pretty bad sunburn, thanks Dad for remembering to coat your small child in suncream - not. At £6.50 for 453g or £4.50 for 230g this is pretty good value for money, we always get the pump one, because then you don't have to squeeze the bottle with green slime hands!
Beach books are a 'thing' I'm sure, I always try to remember to take some form of rom-com style book with me on holiday. Even though it's entirely not my genre, I do enjoy a bit of cheese on holiday. This one's from one of my favourite series' as a teen, Louise Rennison's 'Angus-Thongs' series. 100% a classic. 
Remember your Phillipe Phlops! Especially if it's hot where you are, sand can get crazy hot, so use these to protect your little tootsies from the sand burn. If you switch out your sandals for flip-flops, you'll obviously decrease the sand-in-shoes chance when you pop you nice fabric sandals back on after the beach. Flip-flops unlike fabric sandals, or leather sandals, are MADE for the water and paddling. These Havaianas are very pricey for sandals averaging £20 a pair! But, they last. Or if you're more like me, you'll go out and buy ten different pairs for £20, because there's so many colours! 

Speaking of fabric sandals, these are the Miss L-Fire Green Polly Parrot sandals. I can't decide whether these are hideous, or strangely quirky, which is my style. I do like a mix of vom-tastic and hawaiian-shirts me. But seriously, remember to leave room for your nice sandals, whether they be parrot shoes, or those lovely leather gladiator sandals, put them in your bag, and do NOT paddle in them. Salt water just damages them, and they won't be so lovely anymore. These sandals are on sale for £34.99 at the moment 7/16. 
Finally! We've got everyone (ok, maybe not everyone but my) favourite Summer accessory, sunglasses! I have a huge collection - I could do a video on that! - I particularly like brown-tone sunglasses like these ones from Accessorize, these are the Coralie Brown Sunglasses and they are 1£12, which is not too bad for sunnies in my opinion. 
Sunglasses are essential for protecting your retinas, whether it's a bright day going to the shops, or you're actually down the beach, stick a pair on. Your eyes and your face muscles (I see you squinting - forgot your sunglasses didn't you?) will thank you for it! 
So those are my Summer Beach Bag Essentials for this year, I'm not actually going on holiday, that I know of. But I thought this one might be useful for those of you who are. 
Which of these bits do you usually carry with you? What else would you add to your beach bag? Let me know! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...