Sunday, 5 October 2014

Sleek Brow Kit | Dark 818 | Review

As you can probably tell from my recent posts, I'm having a little love-affair with the brand Sleek. You can find it in Superdrug and Boots (although I'm not sure whether they are 'in store' in Boots), and the brand is unbelievably reasonably priced for their products! 
Today I'm reviewing their Brow Kit in Dark, it's something I've had my eyes on for ages. I had the Benefit Brow-Zings a while back (as in when it was in shiny curved packaging not the packaging it's in now), and thought this looked like a great dupe/high-street alternative. 
I love the packaging, it's sleek and matte black with 'Sleek MakeUP' written on the top, but it's shiny. The packaging whilst sturdy to protect the product it very easy to open, which I like as I hate having to wrangle with packaging to get that ish open! 
Inside there's an eyeball-sized mirror (so you can see the whole of one brow in the mirror) in the lid, there's the wax on the left and a brow powder on the right. There's also a little compartment that houses a mini curved brush, a mini angled brush and a mini pair of tweezers! Cute! 
I found that the wax and the powder pulled neutral on me as I have neutral skin, however I know that for some people with cooler skin tones it has pulled too warm. 
The wax is nice and thick, but is buildable. If you want brows that aren't too dark, you can use a few strokes of this, or if you're like me and like a very dark brow, you can easily build this up! The powder is a smooth consistency, I usually just use this to set the wax as I find it too light for my personal preferences. 
| Left - WAX | Right - POWDER |
I prefer to use the angled brush with the wax and the curved brush with the powder, but you can use whichever you want! Above you can see one stroke of the wax with the side of the angled brush, and one stroke with the flat of the angled brush. On the right is one stroke of the powder with the side of the curved brush, and one stroke with the flat of the curved brush. 
Due to the two mini brushes being synthetic (Sleek does not test on animals), it means that they do not absorb any product, like porous animal hair would. This also means that the application is a lot sleeker and more defined, and the brushes keep their shape amazingly well. I like the addition of the mini tweezers, and these make this a great little brow kit to travel with. However, they are a little clunky and I find them hard to work with as opposed to my Superdrug's Own brand tweezers. 
Overall I give this product a:
10/10 
I think it's a great alternative to an expensive Benefit kit, and at only £8.49 a kit compared to Benefit's £24.50. They also ship internationally if you check out Sleek's own website here. It's a definite recommend from me, and it's completely transformed my brow routine! I don't find myself having to edit the shape of my brows with eye makeup remover at all, and it's so precise because of the little brush. 
Have you tried this or Benefit's Brow-Zings? What do you think of them? 

1 comment:

  1. This looks so similar to the Benefit brow zings. I'm nearly out of that and it's my fave, defo think I need to try this!! Looks lovely.

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...