Thursday, 11 September 2014

Sleek Gloss Me Lip Glosses | Phoenix Rising, Hawaii Honey & Thai Orchid | Review

 After my rave review of the Sleek Matte Me Lip Creams, I could hardly skip out on the Sleek Gloss Me Lip Glosses now could I? If your answer was no, you're correct! 10 points to Gryffindor! 
 I decided on the colours Phoenix Rising, Hawaii Honey and Thai Orchid. I wanted Hawaii Honey as I'd swatched it in store and it's beautiful. Thai Orchid is purple lipgloss so that's a given, and Phoenix Rising is nothing like anything I own. 
The packaging is a clear tube with a matte black lid, exactly the same as the Matte Me Creams, but they have 'Gloss Me' written on the front. The name of the colour is featured on the bottom, but is also featured on the back or opposite side to 'Gloss Me'. Meaning no matter if you want to store them upside-down or on their sides, you can easily check the colour! 
Phoenix Rising has a beautiful brown, red base gloss with tons of purple and gold glitter. I do wish that this glitter would show up more on the lips but ho hum! It's like nothing I own, I really do see where they got the name from, these are exactly the colours I associate with Phoenixes (Pheni? Phoenixi? A herd of Phoenix? Plural? I presume Phoenixes is right, as it has no red line under it in my spell check?), red, gold and purple! 
Look at that applicator though! It's odd-looking but makes applying these glosses a dream, because of their smooth texture and glossy finish, they are wonderful to apply and to wear! 
Hawaii Honey is a gorgeous orangey peach with gold glitter, I really am not usually one for glitter, but if you see these in real life (or IRL as the young ones say these days...so not hip and trendy!) you will understand, they are beautiful! Hawaii Honey is that perfect colour to just throw on when you're in a rush. It has a very subtle gold glitter, but the addition makes your lips look plumper! It is also a lovely little thing to see in certain lights, and adds a little glamour to an otherwise everyday product.
 Y'all really think I'mma pass on purple lipgloss? It's a pretty purple cream base with a translucent finish, and pink and gold glitter. What about that description doesn't make you think that this is some magical Unicorn ish? NOTHING! It's glorious to behold!
All the glosses are rather sticky, but not uncomfortably so. I find that HH and TO sit more on top of the lips, whereas PR seems to set 'in' them, but not in a feathery gross way. It just looks a little more 'proper' or 'grown up'. I definitely don't have one that I prefer, they are all equally stunning. I never thought I'd describe a lipgloss as stunning! (Ha ha!) 
They all have glitter, it's pretty and not over-done (although I kinda want a SUPER glittery lipgloss so if you know of one, tell me!), and they blends are beautiful. 
As mentioned before, they have a sticky texture, but this means that once you've applied your gloss perfectly it's on your face! I wore HH to an auction the other day, it was 'fresh' feeling for at least 2-3 hours until I ate a jacket potato. 
Despite the odd applicator, this actually makes the glosses REALLY easy to apply! You don't get gloss on anywhere but your mouth, and the thin pointed-ness of the applicator means you can get it into the corners without getting it on the rest of your face. It also means you can create some killer cupid's bows! 
I'd give these glosses a:
10/10
They are beautiful, have lovely packaging, convenient applicators and LONG wear time for glosses. Plus at £4.99 a piece (and often on some kind of deal in Superdrug or Boots - They're on buy 1 get 1 1/2 price in Boots right now!) the price is nothing to be sniffed at!
There's NOTHING to not like about these, and I really want to "Catch 'em all!". 
(LIP SWATCHES COMING SOON!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...