Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Rimmel Apocalips Matte Lip Velvet | Meteoric Matte & Orange-ology | First Impressions & Review

 When I went on my buying trip, I'd no idea these (Rimmel's Apocalips Matte Lip Velvets)  were being/had been released, and I loved the original Apocalips glosses so much I had to pick up a couple! There was also a read and a light pinky nude available, but I already have a load of reds so skipped that, and the pink wasn't flattering on my skin. I know there is also a nude available, but will skip that as I'm so in love with the Sleek Matte Me Lip Creams! These are £6.49 a piece. 
 Metoeric Matte is a wine-red, rather than a pure red, it's got purplish undertones. 
 Orange-ology is a BRIGHT tangerine orange, I can't wait to put this on my face! 
The packaging is the same as the original glosses, however, the black part is matte rather than shiny. 
 As per the original Apocalips lip lacquers, the applicators have a little divet in them to hold more product. I really like this but I do feel like sometimes, it can lead to the application of too much product, and that can be a problem particularly with mattes like these. 
These take a while to settle down and dry on the lips, but I find them to be neither drying not ultra-hydrating. They are very pigmented, and super opaque. They offer the high-colour payoff that the original glossy lacquers did, however unlike their originals, these have room for improvement. 
Lipsticks, glosses, lacquers etc. have never feathered on me. I don't have deep lip lines or anything like that, and I've never had a product feather before until now...
LOOK AT THAT! It's feathered up into my cupid's bow and down towards my chin. It literally made my lips look gross. I'll also say that this picture was taken after only half an hour of wear time, meaning I can't imagine how bad this would be if I'd worn it out for the night, eurgh! 
I'll have to just try wearing a lipliner underneath. The struggle is real! 
I'd give these lacquers:
4/10
They are very pigmented, apply smoothly and have nice packaging, but other than that, the wear isn't great and I find myself wishing they'd spent more time on these. There was no promotion, the TV ad hasn't even appeared on my TV yet, do they have one? I feel like these were a rushed product to 'get in' with the matte lip for A/W. 
They're just...Meh. For a good high-street matte lip, try the Sleek Matte Me Creams, they are less expensive and far superior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...