Wednesday, 30 April 2014

NYX Butter Gloss in Peach Cobbler

I recently made a little online purchase of some of NYX's Butter Glosses and Soft Matte Lip Creams. I ordered four of them, two for myself and two as presents for my twin friends birthdays. I won't be opening or swatching the two for my friends, but have included them in the pictures so that you can see what they look like. 

Today I'll be reviewing NYX's Peach Cobbler Butter Gloss (also there will be some repeat pictures because I took a lot of pictures as a group. 
I got the Butter Glosses (right) in Strawberry Parfait - a cool pink and Peach Cobbler - an orange peach. 
Let's just talk about the packaging, it's simple, it's cute and I really love it! The actual bottle is clear with a coloured product in it, the clear bottle also means you can see how much you have left. It also shows you how hugely pigmented these glosses are, they are super bright and opaque! The caps match the gloss inside, and the tubes have a black stripe around the 'break' line. 
The Butter Glosses all come with a normal sponge doe-foot applicator attached to the coloured lid. You get 8ml/0.27 fl.oz. for £5.00. Which I think is pretty good, seeing as high street lip products are usually around that price point. However, shipping is also £5.00, which I feel is kinda pricey for UK mainland shipping, seeing as these weigh a lot less than a box of LUSH stuff, and that only costs £3.95. I'm hoping to find these at a NEXT store soon, because apparently they're selling there now! YAY! 

Peach Cobbler sometimes looks like a bright creamy peach, and at other times looks like a soft orange. It's a really beautiful colour. 
The colour turn out is definitely affected by lip pigmentation, as it is still a gloss and not a liquid lipstick. It has less pigmentation than a L'oreal liquid lipstick, but it is not a sheer gloss and can be easily built up if you want a more pigmented lip. 
It gives a smooth, even application and finish, and it's really easy to apply. Below I had to dip the applicator three times, simply because I wanted to build up a lot of pigmentation. To be honest, one dip (oo-er) is enough for a decent amount of colour. 
As a review, I really like this formula, it's smooth, pigmented and wears well. It doesn't sit in lines in my lips, and they really weren't in great condition before applying the product. 
I would definitely recommend this colour, I've heard that some of the others perform differently, but would definitely like to expand my collection. 
The packaging is cute, the product is great and it's an all-round win for me! (Also, I feel like a proper beauty-blogger doing lip swatches!)

I recently announced on Twitter, that I am going on a cosmetics spending ban. I have bought a LOT of products in the last month or so, so from this Monday for a MONTH I will try my hardest not to buy any makeup. My one little exception to this will be if the MAC Playland collection launches during the next 30 days, I've been lusting after those lip pies for ages, and have put money aside if I really want them. 

Remember to stick around for my review of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo! 

1 comment:

  1. HI you have a good and interesting blog to visit and here i find vey useful information. Hope you like kurtas for women.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...