Sunday, 13 April 2014

Divergent - Dauntless Makeup and Hair Tutorial

(I just want to say, I don't know why my gadgets and post titles are in Times New Roman, I'm trying to get that fixed) 
I've got a LOT of Makeup tutorials coming up on my blog and YouTube this next couple of weeks, and they are all based around the Divergent series by Veronica Roth. 
I haven't yet seen the film, all I know is that Four is bald, which is wrong. But otherwise, I've heard great things. 
I loved the book series, and have wanted to do a 'series' of tutorials for a while, (you know I'm going to be doing some for the next Hobbit release!) I'm really happy with this one, so wanted to share on here the products, and the video, and my method. It's for those of you who don't want to watch the video really. 
But I worked hard on it, so I'd really appreciate if you took a look?! 

Here it is: 
DAUNTLESS
1. Apply your usual base, I left this out of the video because I've done it in videos before. I prefer a light coverage, as I don't mind blemishes showing through. I used Garnier's Sensitive BB cream in Light, Benefit's Erase Paste in Medium, Benefit's Fake Up in Light and MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NW15. 
2. Use a White base, like NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk. Then pat a bright yellow on the inner third of the eyelid, blend that out into a bright orange on the rest of the lid. Here I used Makeup Revolution's Matte Bright's Palette. 
3. Then use a light cool-toned brown like MAC's Omega (Second in from top left) to blend into the crease and up a little onto the base of the brow bone. Take a warm brown like MAC's Brown Down (centre) to enhance the crease. Finally, use a dark cool-toned brown (MAC's Mystery - bottom middle) and go in with a blending brush, through the crease and onto the lower brow bone. Use a thin line of MAC Amber Lights (Middle right column) on the lash line. 
4. To add some more depth, go in with a black, I used my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette for this (Blackout Right). Then add your inner corner highlight, I used Half Baked (Second from Left) from the same Palette. 
5. Use a Kajal liner on the upper and lower waterline, and add a bit to the corner of the lid (outer). Smoke that out and it'll look like the brown/black is curving around your eye. Then Add your favourite mascara (mine's Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Definition Mascara) and you're done. 
6. I also used Half Baked as a golden highlight, which turned out really beautiful. I also contoured with NYX blush in Taupe. 
7. I then dabbed Rimmel's Lasting Moisture Lipstick in Glam Plum Fulham onto the centre of my lips, and smudged it out to the sides, giving a really subtle ombre. 
You can view the whole tutorial (which I'd love you to do, since I worked REALLY hard on it) here:
I hope you guys liked this, and check out my other Divergent Tutorials coming up soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...