Monday, 31 March 2014

March Beauty Favourites

I'm really loving these layouts, so excuse me whilst I keep experimenting with them... But I wanted to talk about my March favourites, and I think that this is a great way to show you guys my favourites, and it includes prices and links to where you can buy them!!! Which any blogger knows is super convenient. 
So here's a little run-down of my March beauty favourites! 



I was given a small sample of MAC's Strobe Cream in a purchase I made last year of the Archie's Girls Collection, I never tried it and just put it to one side. Oh my goodness! I'm so happy I found this stuff! It leaves my skin illuminated and dewy. It also seems to be really moisturising on combination skin, so for someone who suffers from that I'd definitely recommend it! I will probably have to go buy some myself! I think that Rimmel do a pretty good dupe though with their Face Illuminators. Let me know if you want me to try those out too! 



I LOVE the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, it makes my BB cream look so natural. I am yet to try it out with a 'proper' foundation, but really love the blended effect with my Benefit concealer. The tightly packed bristles make for a dense, well-shaped brush. And it's pretty affordable too! I love this brush so much I'm giving one away




You guys know after my review of these that the I ♡ Lasting Finish is my favourite formula from Rimmel, it's thin and layer-able. The two colours that I've chosen to share with you are my favourites, Fancy a Dip? and Hot Tropicana. These colours are so tropical and summery you'll feel like your on a Caribbean Cruise! Plus, they make you look super tanned and are so SHINY! And the price point isn't anything to sniff at, particularly as they are included in Boots' 3 for 2 deal. 



Lollitint is the newest addition to the Benefit Tint range, previously I'd passed on these. I thought that they were gimmicky, and didn't really do much. Oh past self, how could you be so naive? This tint is ah-mazing, it's got a slight purple (but not too much) undertone, and looks beautiful as a blush. I'm still yet mastering using it as a lip tint, but if you apply it on a stippling brush (Sigma F50) and pat it onto the apples of your cheeks...BEAUTIFUL! I honestly probably won't pick up any more tints, at least for now anyway, simply because I think that this is just pink enough for my skin, and I'd look like a loon with bright coral/orangey blush. 



Another Benefit fave is their Erase Paste. I only have a little sample of this, (which has lasted me WAY longer than I wanna admit) and I'm still not even vaguely half way through. I got my little pot in a kit, and it's No 2 - Medium, which is an orangey/peach shade on my skin. It's the perfect shade for cancelling out my dark circles, without feeling like there's too much product on my face! I'd say if you see a kit that has a bunch of things you wanna try, plus this, get it! My mini paste has lasted me yonks! 



I know, I know, I still haven't leaped and purchased the Naked 3 yet, I'm probably gunna buy it as a Summer treat for my holiday. But I'm a HUGE Naked 2 fan, Bootycall is one of my favourite highlights (both on eyes and face!) and Half Baked looks divine as an inner corner highlight on a purple eye. Blackout is so dark it looks like kohl and Tease is a great purply-toned nude for my green eyes! 



Everyone seems to store their makeup in clear acrylic drawers, or that big chest of drawers from Ikea. Now I see why! The InterDesign acrylic draws look so professional, and you can see all the products that are in them, so no labels! You can fit at least 8 Mac compacts in them too, there is so much room in them, and they are stackable. I have nothing bad to say about these things, other than maybe the price, which I do think is a little too high for what it is. Don't go for something like these drawers though. I bought a set at they were about £5 cheaper, and they are WAY TOO SMALL for my needs, they fit one MAC compact per drawer. So now I use this little one to store all of my seasonal Nail polishes! 



The last thing is something I've really been loving, the Sleek Vintage Romance palette. I love how I can create an Elsa (Frozen - Let me know if you want a tutorial!) look from these shadows, the purples are exactly right! Plus as I said earlier purple and green eyes = bien! Purple is set to be THE colour of the year, and what better way to start it off with than this awesome palette at an amazing price? 



I hope you guys enjoyed that, it was probably really wordy, but I wanted to give y'all a proper idea of my feelings/thoughts about the products! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...