Monday, 24 February 2014

Garnier Summer Body Lotion Review

For the past few summers I haven't been bothered about tanning, I had a particularly orange incident in year 8 which left me with bad feelings about the whole area. I don't really go outside to tan in the sun, and I'm not bothered about fake tan. But recently I've been watching a LOT of Arika Sato's videos on YouTube, and I guess she's rubbing off on me. I've purchased teeth whitening things, tanning lotion and started working out more (there'll be another post/video on all of this soon). WEIRD. 
Anyway, the other day I decided to visit Boots and bought myself the Garnier Summer Body  Lotion. I decided to go for Deep, as these kinds of things NEVER work for me. I've tried Dove as well as a load of other 'tanning' body lotions, and they don't seem to work! So, me being the naive mental case I am, I bought the one suited for dark skin tones. You guys know I'm pale as Dracula. 
I took a shower and exfoliated my WHOLE body with Soap & Glory's Flake Away, as it is one of my favourite exfoliators. (After The Breakfast Scrub) I'd advise using a thick scrub like this, just so that you REALLY get all the dead skin off, it'll also make for easier application later on. 
Also, remember to shave your legs! 
Once out of the shower, dry off, and I mean REALLY DRY! If you don't the water could make the tan run, and you will have one cray lookin' tan. Then, you simply apply the lotion as you would normal body lotion. 
The lotion is white and a little thin. It does have a very pleasant apricot scent, and smells a little like suntan lotion. However after a while on the body it does begin to give off that fake tan smell. I have to say after a day, I looked like I'd been on a short holiday to France. The tan was my natural colour (kind of a reddish dirty brown) which was awesome, because unlike everyone else I don't go golden brown. I found that there were some unblended lines, which kinda sucks, but the next day I re-scrubbed then applied the lotion (mixed 2/3 to 1/3 with normal lotion) in the less-tanned areas and now it looks brilliant! 
(Top - without flash in-room (a little shadowed - sorry) Bottom - in daylight with flash)
This is definitely a 2 day process if you aren't experienced at putting this stuff on (like me), but you could try a tanning mitt to give a more even look. 
I did get a deep tan, and if you are pale and want a 'sunkissed look' I'd go with the lighter colour and just layer it up as you want. Or you could just shower off after letting the lotion develop for an hour or so. It's very moisturising, and kind of greasy on the skin, but does get absorbed quickly. It might just be me though with the greasy feeling, as I rarely REALLY use body lotion. My skin is like rubber. 
I'm really happy with my results, and would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to venture into self-tanning, but doesn't want to go to a booth or pay for a spray tan. I feel like this is a pretty reasonable price too, I decided on the 250ml rather than the 500ml just in case I didn't like it. The 250ml bottle is around £5.30 at Boots, and I have to say if you want to experiment this is DEFINITELY enough product! 

3 comments:

  1. Such a great post. I love your blog it's such an enjoyable read :-)
    Beth x

    http://www.thebritishgirl.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used this before and really liked it! I should get some more before I go on holiday so I don't look as bad those first few days.

    How were the teeth whitening products?

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be reviewing them in a few weeks, once I've given them a proper run.
      Yeah, I'll be using this before I go to Bordeaux in the summer, same reason!
      Xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...