Monday, 4 November 2013

The 2013 Christmas Tag!

I know, Steff it's only the 4th of November, bonfire night hasn't even happened yet! I know, I know but to be honest, I started feeling Christmassy about midway through October, so I feel like I've held off on this kinda thing for pretty long. I found this tag on Makeup-Pixi3's blog and decided to do it myself, I LOVE tags, can you tell? 

1.  Do you prefer a real Christmas tree or synthetic?
I always have a synthetic Christmas tree, we keep it in the loft all year round and it's always fun struggling to get it down. I guess that's become our families' christmas tree tradition! We have a fake tree because if the cats get curious and eat the pine needles, no idea why they would but just if, it can get stuck in side them and cut them all up inside. So we decide not to risk that, having two VERY curious kittens and have a fake one. We've always had cats since I was born, so we've always had a fake tree, but I LOVE the smell of the trees so always try to buy a candle that smells like them! 

2.  You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick?
Starbucks peppermint hot chocolate if I'm feeling in the mood for something slightly refreshing and modern, but if I'm in the mood for something cosy hot chocolate with cinnamon. Yum! 

3.  Whats your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree?
Our big tree is more traditional, but it generally has a lot of random things on. Stuff that I made when I was a kid in junior school, baubles from places we've been etc. Our hallway tree is very traditional and is usually decked out in gold and red, with some cinnamon sticks. My NEW (!) tree (Ferdinand the Fern) will be gold and burgundy. 

4.  Giving or receiving?
It's nice opening presents, but my favourite thing is going out and picking or making the perfect gift for someone. I LOVE giving presents at Christmas! 

5.  To mince pie or not to?
BLEURGH! I really hate the taste! But I do make them for my family if asked to do so. 

6.  What's your traditional sunday lunch?
Sunday lunch or Christmas lunch? For me it's basically the same, turkey is my favourite of all meat, roast taters, cranberry sauce, broccoli, carrots and peas, and of course bread sauce and a bucketful of gravy! I also usually make a ham around Christmas, so sometimes my family has some of that too, but I don't eat pork. 

7.  Christmas day fashion
With my family we always dress up smartly for Christmas, the olds like to see us all dressed up. 

8.  What's your favourite Christmas song?
I like a LOT of Christmas songs, literally anything can get me in the Christmas mood! I really love Christmas carols, but (no offence to those that love him, because I'm sure some of you do!) I'm not that keen on Michael Buble, last year at my friends' big Christmas dinner party they played his songs on a constant loop. No Wham, no Wizzard, not even Mariah! 

9.  What's your favourite Christmas film?
ELF! No change doctor. 

10.  Open presents before or after lunch?
We usually open presents after lunch, it means that Mum can stop worrying about the turkey being dry and start opening presents! 

I hope y'all liked that little Christmas tag! I tag my friends Emma from Anchors Away Beauty and Alice from Alice Poppy to do this tag. And you too! If you do this tag, please let me know in the comments below and link it so I can read it! 

3 comments:

  1. Is mince pie the same as a mince meat tart? My dad makes the best mince meat tarts in the world at Christmastime.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup they're the same! You can check them out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mince_pie
      I've followed your blog via GFC! Steff Xx

      Delete
    2. Or maybe not, I'm not sure what kinda mince meat tart you're talking about. Do you have a similar picture? Steff Xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...