Tuesday, 15 October 2013

LUSH Review - Floating Island

If you read my last LUSH haul post, you'll know that Floating Island was a product that I've wanted to try for a long time. I basically wanted the water to be creamy and white, to make me feel like Cleopatra without the gross milk thing. 
When first crumbled into HOT water this went kinda bubbly, but obviously not as bubbly as a bubble bar, the bubbles were small, lush and silky. I did have one BIG problem though. The Floating Island didn't give me the milky white colour I expected, intact it made my bathwater look porridgey and brownish/cream. 
The water was definitely moisturising, and left a soft creamy residue on my skin, but the kind that sunk in once I got out of the bath. I thought that this would be soft like the Yuzu and Cocoa Bubbleroon, but it wasn't and I found it extremely hard to break up into smaller chunks, eventually resorting to using a pair of hair scissors as a knife-type thing to cut pieces off the main bath melt. 
The scent was pleasant but not strong or overpowering, as with the bubbleroon I would have liked for the scent whilst in the bath to have been stronger. 
Altogether, I liked the faint scent that lingered on my skin afterwards, however would have preferred a stronger scent in the bath, I would have liked it more if it was easier to break with my fingers rather than having to resort to scraping at it with a pair of scissors whilst in a bath towel, and a less porridgey look to the water would have been nice. 
I'm feeling that maybe I went for the wrong product for what I wanted? I do want to try out the pink Melting Marshmallow Moment, because, who doesn't want pink bathwater? 

What do you guys think I should try out to give me the milky white bath water I was searching for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...