Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Bibbity Bobbity Boo!

My friend Emma over at 'Anchors Away Beauty' did a recent post on the pumpkins she carved in the past. I LOVE that idea, particularly because carving the pumpkin at Halloween is usually my job, because my Dad's usually at work and doesn't have time, and my Mum has no artistic talent unless it's baking. As y'all know I'm an only child, so it's usually just me, my over enthusiasm, a pumpkin, a knife and the entire kitchen for one (always intense) evening. I do get very frustrated when I can't do the pattern...I will one day create a marvellous Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow pumpkin but alas, that will not be this year. 
I usually go through two to seven (really!) ideas before I carve my pumpkin. I'm excited for this year thought because my Dad's going to be doing it with me, I bought two monster pumpkins from Sainsbury's. 
This post is to just show you guys my pumpkins over the two previous years. Hope you like 'em! 
I apologise for the quality, but I usually just take a picture of them with my iPhone... 
This is my Gryffindor pumpkin from 2011 it took me bloody ages, I tell you, when I want to carve a decent pumpkin I have to donate an entire afternoon/evening to it... The lion looks kinda curved, but it was the Gryffindor lion from the crest, and the script is original Harry Potter script. I learnt from this that you should always cut the little pieces out first, because it can be bloody hard later! 
This was 2012's pumpkin, and it's Emily, The Corpse Bride. This took me a decent amount of time but I'm really happy with how it turned out! You've always gotta have a little Tim Burton around at halloween right? I didn't think this would turn out this good, and when it did I was so happy! Not bragging...but you've no idea how pleased I am. 
I already have a plan for my pumpkin this year, so Jeepers Creepers keep your peepers open! 

4 comments:

  1. Those look amazing! My pumpkins get the same goofy lopsided face almost every year... Those gryffindor letters must have taken ages to get right!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they DID take ages! I don't even own a pumpkin carving kit, I was too vicious with my pumpkins when I was younger and constantly snapped the blades off the little knives but accident.
      Steff Xx

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the corpse bride pumpkin, you should be proud!
    :)

    Emily / Glittery Teacups

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lovely. Love your awesome blog!
    I am your newest follower from Blog Hop. Am following you via GFC, G+ & Bloglovin.
    Feel free to visit, leave comments and follow me @ www.revampspunkyrena.blogspot.com
    xoxo
    Rena

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...