Sunday, 11 August 2013

Glossybox - Seaside Splash! - July 2013

I am really happy with July's Glossybox, and really like the products within the box. I was a subscriber to Glossybox in the past, but slowly became unsatisfied with the products I was being sent. For some reason Glossybox kept sending me boxes and boxes full of skincare products, when on my beauty profile I'd said something along the lines of not needing skincare products. It got to a point where the boxes weren't worth my money and I unsubscribed. 
Fortunately I keep up to date with the monthly Glossyboxes, if I see a box I like the look of after the first couple of reviews have been up I'll subscribe for that month and then unsubscribe. I know you're not supposed to do that but heck, I want things in my box that I'll use, not some crappy skin products that'll break me out! 
When I saw July's Glossybox I knew I had to have it, I'm going on a cruise this month and knew that the products would be perfect. And let's all agree now that the box is 
B-E-A-UTIFUL! 
The theme this month was 'Seaside Splash'. The box is bright teal with white Glossybox logos and bright coral starfish and a variety of coral designs across the lid and the box itself. Inside the tissue paper is white with bright orange coral and starfish and the ribbon matches the teal box, the 'worms' are white. I don't like the white 'worms' I think orange would make it look more finished/expensive, as the white just looks like paper shredding. 
The first product is a sample size of Coola mineral sunscreen, however it also claims to be tinted moisturiser. Confused? Yes. This product is specified for the face, but seems to contain 3 different types of oil so I am as of yet unsure whether I will actually use this on my face. It does however contain a LOT of natural ingredients such as cucumber, orange and acai. It has a slight golden shimmer, but this is practically unnoticeable on the skin when rubbed in. It slightly evens the skin tone when applied (due to the tinted moisturiser) but is very light coverage. It is extremely runny, and has a faint scent that smells like sunflowers mixed with cucumbers, but I strangely like this.
 This product HUGELY appealed to me when I first opened the box, first the bottle is lavender - my favourite colour, second it claims to cool down your skin, and third it's from anatomicals which is one of my favourite product companies. It is cooling but seems to make my skin tingle in a freaky kind of way, not the lip plumping lippy kind of way but the almost allergic reaction kind of way. (Glad I sprayed this on my arm first!) It is cooling and very refreshing, however the mixture of peppermint, rose, lavender, aloe and witch hazel make it smell very clinical. I think that there is too much witch hazel in this formula because that seems to be the dominant scent. I don't like the scent but like the cooling sensations, and I can't seem to find the product on anatomicals' website but would buy this product if they did it in other scents!  
 I love dry shampoo and I love coconuts, and ohmygosh! This stuff smells ah-maaazing! There's something very American about the scent, and by this I mean it smells like something I smelt a lot in America, not sure what but it smells GOOD! Unfortunately the white little spray cap that you push down to spray the product wasn't actually on the bottle to dispense product when I opened it, but after a little fumbling I managed to get it together.  I prefer this scent over my Batiste dry shampoos. I'm really happy with this and will take it on my cruise with me, it is paraben free and a generous size. 
I'm happy with this product and will probably repurchase it too. Anything that promises to give my tousled, messy looking hair I have to try out at least once and I really like this product. The scent is slightly fruity and extremely pleasing, it doesn't feel sticky on application or crusty when dry. I think that I will take this on my cruise too because it's such a convenient size compared to my other texture spray from Not Your Mother's. This stuff smells brilliant and because the product is a little thicker than products that I've used for this purpose before, I think that it definitely helps it's staying power. Plus it contains all kinds of root and stem extracts so that must be good right? (Not sciency) 
This was my favourite product of the month, hair and nail products are my favourite to receive so you can imagine why I liked this box so much. Two brilliant hair products and then CIATE nail polish! I received the colour 'The Glossip'. I've wanted to Ciate polish for ages but just never got around to ordering any. My mind has been blown by this polish's formula. I don't particularly like creme finishes but really like the thinner gelly finish that you can find in some polishes. This polish has that amazing gelly finish, although it's described as creme on the website and stayed on my nails for five days with a little tip wear and minor chipping - no top coat. On the right is a little Hanna Marin inspired manicure that I had last week, I used Ciate 'The Glossip' and NYC 'Lexington Yellow'. 

I really did like the contents of this Glossybox as I can pass on the first two products and will definitely be using the dry shampoo, tousle spray and nail polish, in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...